Tuesday, December 16, 2014

But What Do I Write About?



Trust me. I know writing causes anxiety in a good number of people. 
We all want people to like us and like our product. We all want to play nicely and get along.

We want a safe place that nurtures us. One where we can be who we are and come out to play with others who have the same interests.

Saying that, how do you create a positive environment on your blog? How do you make it interesting and provocative enough to share what you want to share while not getting involved in discussion that drag your audience off of the topic.

First of all, remember that this is YOUR story.  Everyone wants an honest story or a really well embellished story.  You clearly don’t have to give up all your information and we will never know if you have embellished or not.  Instead, think of blog posts like a Polaroid snapshot. Tell about moments.  Paint a picture with clear concise words. Don’t worry about order or days of details.  Tell it as you would to a little one.  A simple story.
One artist, whom I will not mention, but would love to have a bit of her creativity, sometimes writes poetry with her blog posts. And it is off the wall and beautiful and serious and as filled with expression as her jewels.

You might want to start to start by telling us about yourself. How did you come to the creative process?  How did you realize you had this in you?  Why jewelry now?  

Write about whether or not you consider yourself an artisan.  How do you see yourself?  Why do you identify with this at this time in your life?  Some of the people I see who are B’Sue’s groups, and yes, I am a member of more than one of them, just outright fascinate me. I see their pieces and want to know how they imagined these coming together like that. I see people adding comical elements and love it!  I am not at the point where my mind goes to that type of design.  I am way too serious about things sometimes.  I like the reminder that it is allowed to laugh at beautiful things.  That’s why I think the WTW (Work Table Wednesday) posts showing pieces in transition and then FUF (Finish Up Friday) are amazing.

 Show pictures of your messy workshop—we had a blog hop about that one time—FABULOUS! It helps us all see who we are and how different the processes are.  And that all of that is okay.

And then when you have written about all of those things, ask people, what are you interested in reading about?  Did you find a good tutorial?  Post it!  Talk about what you learned from it.

Using stampings in new ways?  Show the process. Talk about colors you love or color combinations you love.

But start telling YOUR story.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice blogg. I just hopped all through your life, Jewelry shop, love your Jewelry Tags.

    ReplyDelete