Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blog Hop Three and what I have Learned

I had the right intentions, really, I did.  I am a person who is a completor.  I finish things. I get paid good money at work to do huge projects.  I always finish.

And I did not complete this

class.  The why is really not important.  It's wrapped up in reasons that have nothing to do with the class itself. I was a little off sync when some materials were not here. . .but that should not have thrown me off in this manner.

What is important to look at is what I have learned through this interaction with 55  other people.

Throughout this class we have had some good questions asked of us.  We were looking at building a line.  This is something I have given some real thought to for while.  Although the line I wanted to try dealt more with wire and citrine, I thought I would try a stampings based line that was floral and steamy. Right away we had a video about what was and was not steam.  I watched and convicted myself. . .watch gears do not make one a makerer.  What kind of phony was I?

So, I was stymied.I looked at some of the pieces revealed and some didn't use any of B Sue's pieces at all.  I thought that was a pre requisite.  And to be honest, that kind of rattled me.

So, what did I learn from this?  I am prolly more of a hobbyist that a person who is an artisan, although I love to be thought of as an artisan.  As such, I will prolly be connected to my one of a kinds more than ever.  A concept of a line for me will have to wait for me to gain more of the mad skillz possessed by my 55 sisters.

Was the class worth taking?  Yes, and  would take it again.  I learned a lot about my process and the process of others.  I learned about who I am now.  Thos things are priceless.

Thank you, Miss B Sue for the opportunity to learned this.

17 comments:

  1. Ah sweetie, the skill sets don't make the artist, your heart does. I do hope you'll give it another go, when you're ready. I'd like to see that line too! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you wrote a blog! The group is still open. We are still working and supporting each other. We all are learning... thank you for all you give!
    xo
    nike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic!!! You pieces are just divine!!! ~Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been an amazing journey for all of us. The beauty with taking classes and opening yourself to learning is that once learned, nobody can take that knowledge away from you.

    Glad you posted and like Nike said the group is still open and we're still all learning :-) I don't think we ever stop learning.

    Marica
    Bead Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have the ability to create a line, all the elements and design were there in your 2 blogs. But it won't happen until you believe it. Your heart wasn't in it. But you learned a lot of other things as did I. Glad you took the class with me See you and your OOAK in group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, so happy to see your finished blog post! A few members are still reading and commenting. I'm sorry you had the struggles and doubted yourself because of others' actions. You are a wonderful jewelry designer, but as mentioned previously, your heart wasn't into the finished project. Stay true to YOU, and show us what you've created!! Brenda is leaving the page up so we can still have discussions, ask questions, share our progress, etc. There's even talk about an alumni reunion in a few months! So, please stay with us, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing what you learned. It's amazing how some things just don't go as planned, but the journey is still so worth it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't have a clear mind about what I can make until after the second hop. My order won't arrive to my country at least after a month. It discouraged me a bit but seeing all classmates' work, I pushed myself to finish the five pieces. Everyone has a down time but we are all here with you. So glad you found who you are now. Look forward to see your line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see your post Mary .. looking forward to seeing your jewelry ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you posted what you learned. I know when I finished and posted my 3rd blog it was a sigh of relief. I am a hobbyist as well at this point and I love what I am doing. I hope you continue to create whether a line or one of kind and keep posting in the group. I feel the love and support is so important with our group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're already making and selling OOAK pieces, so you're several steps ahead of me in this game. You obviously did finish, finishing late is as you said, better than never. Glad to have been a part of this, it was really a tough row to hoe and I'm glad it's over, but I think I'd do it again, but not right away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you were with us, Mary. I'm so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I consider us all winners because we accepted the Challenge and hung in there as best as we could! I think you're too hard on yourself--there are lots of different Steampunk things as you know including Steam Chic! I looked at your shop on Ruby Lane and fell in love with the wire and red and gold lampwork necklace you made! It's a killer! Maybe you just needed more time--creative juices just don't go by deadlines as we know! I too was extremely stuck for several weeks and just miserable and bugging my family and friend for how to get unstuck. By a few fortunate circumstances and the grace of God, I was able to make a line, but I truly never thought I would. I hope you stay part of our Alumni Class group and keep posting pix of your creations! I know I've missed you and know that you are loved! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary I'm so glad to hear from you and I'm glad you participated with us and that you learned from your time with us. I hope all is well with you and I love your sweet soul, as well as your lovely jewelry. Keep on creating my friend. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you finish any pieces? I'd love to see them. I was classified as a Steampunk artist because I used vacuum tubes, but, like you, I don't think that really describes me adequately. :-) ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blog two shows some finished pieces...maybe 4 of them.

      Delete
  16. It's all about learning and growing. Anyone participating in this class has come out with more than they had going in! Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete